City of Burton City Council Meeting
Monday, August 13, 2018, 5:30 p.m. – Burton City Hall, 12200 E. Mulberry St. Spur 125
Call to Order and Establish a Quorum.
Invocation & Pledge
The City Council welcomes public comments at this point on items not specifically listed on the agenda. Speakers must sign up before the meeting begins and indicate which item (if any) the speaker wishes to address. The Council cannot respond to matters not listed on the agenda until a future meeting.
The following items are considered routine by City Council may be acted upon in one motion. No separate discussion or action is necessary unless requested by the Mayor or Councilmember, in which event those items will be pulled for separate consideration.
1. Minutes of July 9 Regular Meeting & July Workshop
2. Financial Reports – Revenue, Expenditures
3. Mayor’s Report
4. Secretary’s Report
5. Water & Sewer Report
6. Police Report
7. Municipal Court Report
Action and Discussion
1. Consideration and Action to Adopt Property Tax Rate (Currently 0.50 per $100 valuation tax rate resulting in 0.099 M&O rate and 0.401 I&S rate) and Set Public Hearing
2. Consideration and Action to Accept Proposed Budget for 2018-2019 for the Washington County Appraisal District and Allow Retention of Funds from 2016-2017
3. Consideration and Action to Approve the Washington County Appraisal Districts Board Decision to Transfer $15,000 from Money Set Aside for Fleet Replacement to use for a Computer Backup System
4. Consideration and Action to Adopt an Ordinance Regulating the Use of Recreational Vehicles within the City of Burton
5. Consideration and Action to Adopt an Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 8323 Providing for the Correct Address for Notification
6. Consideration and Action to Adopt an Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 20170313 Regarding Building Code Permits and Inspections
7. Consideration and Action to Hire Aaron Kleinschmidt as the City Attorney and Prosecutor
8. Consideration and Action Regarding Report from Beautification Committee
9. Consideration and Action to Drill a Backup Water Well to Replace the Collapsed Water Well at E. Mulberry Street and N. Brazos Street
- Personnel Matters
*All items on the agenda are for possible discussion and action.
*The Burton City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultations with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices,) and 551.086 (Economic Development).
*The City of Burton is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communications will be provided to those who provide notice to the Mayor at 979-289-3402 at least 48 hours in advance.
*Agenda Posted On: ___/___/2018 ____:____a.m./p.m. Posted By: _______________I certify that the attached notice and agenda of items to be considered by the City Council was removed by me from City Hall on ____ day of ___________, 2018. _________________