City of Burton City Council Meeting
Monday, April 9, 2018, 5:30 p.m. – Burton City Hall, 12200 E. Mulberry St. Spur 125
Call to Order and Establish a Quorum.
Invocation & Pledge
The City Council welcomes public comments at this point on items not specifically listed on the agenda. Speakers must sign up before the meeting begins and indicate which item (if any) the speaker wishes to address. The Council cannot respond to matters not listed on the agenda until a future meeting.
The following items are considered routine by City Council may be acted upon in one motion. No separate discussion or action is necessary unless requested by the Mayor or Councilmember, in which event those items will be pulled for separate consideration.
- Minutes of February 12 Regular Meeting
- Financial Reports – Revenue, Expenditures
- Mayor’s Report
- Secretary’s Report
- Water & Sewer Report
- Police Report
- Municipal Court Report
Action and Discussion
- Consideration and Action to close Live Oak St. in between Main St. and Railroad St. for Flown the Coop event on April 21, 2018
- Consideration and Action to Hire BEFCO Engineering, Inc. to complete the Engineering Report, Plans and Specifications for Corrosion Control Infrastructure
- Consideration and Action to Approve Appointing Bill Kendall as Visiting Judge for Trial for which Municipal Court Judge Angela Weyand has recused herself
- Consideration and Action to Appoint a Municipal Court Judge
*All items on the agenda are for possible discussion and action.
*The Burton City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultations with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices,) and 551.086 (Economic Development).
*The City of Burton is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communications will be provided to those who provide notice to the Mayor at 979-289-3402 at least 48 hours in advance.
*Agenda Posted On: ___/___/2018 ____:____a.m./p.m. Posted By: _______________I certify that the attached notice and agenda of items to be considered by the City Council was removed by me from City Hall on ____ day of ___________, 2018. _________________