City of Burton City Council Meeting
Tuesday, January 8, 2019, 5:30 p.m. – Burton City Hall, 12200 E. Mulberry St. Spur 125
Call to Order and Establish a Quorum.
Invocation & Pledge
The City Council welcomes public comments at this point on items not specifically listed on the agenda. Speakers must sign up before the meeting begins and indicate which item (if any) the speaker wishes to address. The Council cannot respond to matters not listed on the agenda until a future meeting.
The following items are considered routine by City Council may be acted upon in one motion. No separate discussion or action is necessary unless requested by the Mayor or Councilmember, in which event those items will be pulled for separate consideration.
1. Minutes of December 10 Regular Meeting
2. Financial Reports – Revenue, Expenditures
3. Mayor’s Report
4. Secretary’s Report
5. Water & Sewer Report
6. BOCC Report
7. Police Report
8. Municipal Court Report
Action and Discussion
1. Consideration & Action on the Repair or Replacement of a Knittel Lift Station Pump
2. Consideration & Action to Create a Neighborhood Watch Program
3. Consideration & Action to Approve 2019-20 City of Burton General and Water/Sewer Budgets
4. Consideration & Action to Set Budget Hearing on 2019-2020 City of Burton Budgets for 5:30 pm on Tuesday, March 12, 2019
5. Consideration & Action to Accept Order of Election on May 4, 2019
6. Consideration & Action on Inter-local Election Contract and Agreement between the City of Burton and Burton ISD
7. Consideration & Action on Election Services Contract Between the City of Burton, Texas and Washington County, Texas for the May 4, 2019 General Election
8. Consideration & Action to Approve Resolution 20190108A Declaring the City of Burton City Hall Regular Business Hours in Regards to General Election Early Voting
9. Consideration & Action to Adopt Ordinance 20190108A cited as Junk and Garbage Ordinance
10. Consideration & Action to Approve the 2018 Racial Profiling Report
11. Consideration & Action to Move $13,000 ($5 x 225 connections x 12) from the Utility Fund to Utility Savings
*All items on the agenda are for possible discussion and action.
*The Burton City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultations with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices,) and 551.086 (Economic Development).
*The City of Burton is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal access to communications will be provided to those who provide notice to the Mayor at 979-289-3402 at least 48 hours in advance.
*Agenda Posted On: ___/___/2019 ____:____a.m./p.m. Posted By: _______________I certify that the attached notice and agenda of items to be considered by the City Council was removed by me from City Hall on ____ day of ___________, 2018. _________________